Important news about our dental membership plans at Far Headingley Dental Care
We have worked with Denplan for many years at FHDC, however in the past year there have been some changes with Denplan, who are now called Simply Health Professionals. As a practice, we continuously strive to improve the value and the experience we offer our patients. We now no longer feel that Simply Healths’ Denplan offers the best value practice plan for our patients.
After careful consideration, we have decided to introduce our own dental care membership plans called FHDC Full Care Membership (to replace Denplan Care) and FHDC Essentials Care Membership (to replace Denplan Essentials) which will allow us to bring some extra benefits and savings to our patients.
We would like to assure you that practice membership will still entitle you to all the benefits you have previously enjoyed, including the ability to spread the cost of your routine dental care with us and eligibility to request assistance from the Worldwide Dental Emergency Assistance Scheme (the Scheme), which provides the following benefits:
- Eligibility to request assistance for external dental trauma including implants, where deemed clinically necessary
- Upon diagnosis of oral cancer, the Scheme may pay a fixed benefit of £2500
- Eligibility to request assistance if you are more than 15 miles from your practice and you suffer a dental emergency
- Eligibility to request assistance from the Scheme in the event of redundancy, paying your monthly dental plan fees for up to 12 months and ensuring that you keep your registration with us despite your circumstances (compulsory redundancy to employed plan holders only)
Other benefits include..
- Guaranteed registration at the practice with your dentist
- Regular dental examinations and gum assessments
- Professional hygiene care
- Advice, coaching and discussion about alternative treatments to suit your needs
In addition, we also want to develop a more personal, long-lasting relationship with our patients and feel that by making you a member of the practice, it demonstrates our long-term commitment to maintaining your dental health and dedication to enhancing your experience.
All existing plan members will be written to this week by us to explain how the transfer process works.
As a result of this change we are very pleased able to discount the equivalent 2019 Denplan monthly fee by 5% when you switch over to our own FHDC Full Care Membership or FHDC Essentials Care Membership plans.
If you require any more information about the changes or if you would like to join a plan for the first time at our dental practice, a member of the team will be more than happy to discuss this with you.
Please call the practice on 0113 2751323 and ask for Gemma, our Practice Manager.