Our FHDC Essentials Care Membership encourages regular attendance, enabling us to spot problems before they arise and results in helping you maintain healthy teeth and gums for life.
The 5 key benefits of joining:
- Save money versus ‘standard fees’ with an exclusive 10%* saving on any dental treatment (excludes dental implants and short-termo ortho).
- Eligibility to request assistance from the Worldwide Dental Emergency Assistance Scheme**
- Inclusive dental check-ups, hygiene appointments & dental emergency access
- Reduces the risk of tooth decay and gum disease with regular attendance.
- Spread the cost through a convenient monthly Direct Debit.
What regular appointments are included
Essentials Care Plan members benefit from two combined dental examination and hygiene appointments each year with your dentist.
Dental health examinations to provide:
- Clinical examinations to catch developing problems early.
- Checking for signs of oral cancer for early detection.
- Bite-wing x-rays where clinically necessary for an in-depth examination of your oral health.
Hygiene Services provide:
- Professional removal of harmful hard plaque.
- Advice and techniques – we work with you to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Fresher breath and a brighter smile for improved self esteem.
The current FHDC Essentials Care monthly fee is only £21.41****.
If multiple members of your direct family join the plan there are discounts available.
- 2 members = 5%
- 3 members = 10%
- 4+ members = 15%
This results in a complete package to maintain your oral health. We strongly recommend joining to help reduce the risk of expensive restorative treatment in the future. Please speak to any member of the team if you would like more information or for details on how to register.
* T&C’s apply. Discount not available in conjunction with other promotions and cannot be used with dental finance plans. Exclusions apply for dental implants, orthodontics, sedation and other specialist treatments. Discount will be applied to patients FHDC account after after a minimum of 3 months monthly payments have been received. This can then be used for future treatment or can be requested as a refund. Discount only applicable if the patient is a member of the plan for the 12 months following treatment. If the plan is cancelled, FHDC reserves the right to charge the patient a pro-rata amount for the discount. If repayment is not made, any debt will be referred to a third part debt collection agency for recovery (which could affect and individuals credit rating).
** The Worldwide Dental Emergency Assistance Scheme is a scheme established to offer support and assistance to dental plan patients who request treatment following a dental trauma and/or dental emergency or oral cancer. The Scheme responds to requests for assistance on a wholly discretionary basis. This means that, whilst the Scheme aims to provide benefits in most cases, it has no obligation to provide any benefit unless it first decides (in its sole and absolute discretion) that it should provide a benefit. There are some circumstances in which the Scheme is not designed to help and these are explained in more detail in the Scheme Handbook. Each request will be looked at individually to assess the request for benefit. Certain restrictions and limitations may apply in the event that the request is accepted and it is possible that the Scheme will decide to provide no benefit.
*** The provision of combined dental health and hygiene appointments with your dentist is subject to receipt of the required consecutive monthly payments.
**** An initial administration fee of £9.50 will be collected with your first payment only.